Starting an online creative business isn’t as simple as starting a blog. However, they all pretty much stem out from blogging itself. The internet is a rapidly evolving medium in which many have found their passion. From passion came the art of making money – doing what you love. Then, expanding and helping others do what they love. What about you? What do you love?
You’ve finally made the decision – you will start an online creative business so you can finally ditch that 9 to 5 lifestyle. You have realized that your true transcendence in life looks like that of the stay-at-home mom who wakes up every morning not thinking about the everyday commute you typically deal with. Ah, the sound of birds chirping gleefully by the window sill; Oh! The warm cup of joe in your hands as you stand by your patio breathing that fresh early morning air. How lovely!
Why Work From Home?
Why the heck not? There are countless reasons to work from home — both advantages and disadvantage; It is not for everyone, though. If you work from home, you get to ditch the 9 to 5 commute. If you work from home, you get to stay in with your kids or your fur baby. If you work from home, you get to accomplish more in less time such as chores, school, and the likes. However, if you work from home, you also do not get the chance of socializing with coworkers because you don’t have any. If you do, they’re all virtual! For the most part, you are here because you do want to work from home. Hence, you are in the right place.
Why Start An Online Creative Business?
If you are a creative – someone who gets stimulated by artistic endeavors, you are the perfect fit for an online creative business. There are tons of opportunities for you as an online creative in the world of nets. Your ability to earn passive income or residual income is higher than most non-creatives because digital life is all about creativity! Now, the question is: Where do we begin?
Steps On How To Start An Online Creative Business
- Find Your Niche. Yes, find your niche a.k.a your calling. What do you want to do or what are you good at? Are you a web designer? Are you a graphic designer? Are you a coder? Start your inner reflection and get your thinking caps on.
- Plan Your Business Structure. Every business needs a foundation in order to be successful. Otherwise, you’d just go haywire in the networld. You need to establish your vision mission, your plan of actions, branding decisions, and service delivery formats.
- Set Up Your Online Business Identity. Successful online creative businesses are unique and legal. They do not tamper on another businesses’ trademark, copyright, nor intellectual property. Make sure that you have done ample research to situate your online spot together with your brand, your name, online creative identity, and the likes. You need to cover your ass.
- Determine Your Business Match. There are hundreds, if not thousands of online solutions for you to choose from and going with one is a serious and critical decision. You need to choose the best web hosting and domain hosting company to partner with so that you can avoid all the hassles of transferring to another one in the near future if you ever find yourself unsatisfied with the services. Choose carefully.
- Build Your Online Creative Business. Once you have decided on which hosting company to go with, it’s time to setup your furnitures and move in! You need to create the best website for your future clients. You need to market yourself effectively in order to compete with your competitors.
- Research. Research. Research. Never stop learning and never stop improving. Utilize the Kanban Method or any that works best for you.
- Write Great Articles With Great SEO. One way to be found in the saturated world of the internet is to have excellent SEO in your articles, web pages, and images. Every single part of your website is constantly under scrutiny by search engines such as Google. If you do not meet their QI, you do not make it to the top list a.k.a the first page of Google. Let me ask you this, how many times have you chosen to go to the second or third page of Google when you find what you’re looking for in the first page? Zilch, right?
In order to survive in the online creative business market, or in your chosen niche, you will have to exercise diligence in learning and adapting because technology grows so fast that what you know can be outdated in a year or two. It’s not an easy task to create an online business, but you got this.